There are a wide range of resources available to help make it easier to interact with the Betfair API, including those created by Betfair as well as the wider community.
Here are some of the resources we'd recommend taking a look at if you're building a program to interact with either the polling and/or Stream APIs.
- Creating & activating your app key
- Dev Docs
- Developer Program knowledge base
- Developer Forum where you can share your experiences and find out what's worked for other clients
Customers are able to access our API to embed it into their programs and automate their strategies Please reach out if you're an Australian or New Zealand based customer and are keen for support.
- Our Datascientists' repos for using R and Python to access the API
- There's an ANZ Betfair Down Under community GitHub repo where you can find sample code, libraries, tutorials and other resources for automating and modelling on the Exchange
- The UK’s Github repo including libraries for other languages
- Exchange Sports API visualiser for testing market-related queries
- Exchange Account API visualiser for testing account-related queries
- Towards Data Science provide a decent basic walk through of how to log in to the polling API and pull market data, with some interesting commentary along the way.
Betfair Quants Slack Group
betfair quants is really active community-owned Slack group for people interested in modelling and automation on the Exchange. Please reach out if you'd like an invitation.